Summer 2020 Program Sessions Update
Summer Arabic for High School Students
The University of Arizona Arabic Jumpstart Program allows high school juniors and seniors to take an intensive Arabic summer course through virtual instruction, for college credit at a reduced tuition rate and with scholarship support. The program includes a diverse range of online activities that boost students' knowledge of the Arabic language and Arab cultures.
- Earning 5-10 college credits in just 5-10 weeks at MENAS online with one of the top Arabic programs in the U.S.
- Enjoying a variety of online educational and fun-filled cultural activities throughout the program
- Benefiting from a special high-school student reduced tuition rate and additional scholarships
- Exploring the UA campus online and the possibility of joining the UA Arabic Flagship program once in college
- Enjoying mentoring and tutoring specifically for JUMPSTART high school students to ensure success
For more information about the Flagship program, visit: arabicflagship.arizona.edu
2020 Arabic Jumpstart Program Online Instruction
Session I: June 8 - July 9
Session II: July 13 - August 12
All Summer Program participants are required to be available from 8:30am to 4:00pm MST daily for different types of program activities: 4 hours of online instruction, office hours, tutoring, advising meetings, and online cultural activities. Friday’s, however, are an exception. The schedule will extend until 6:00pm to include either an online movie or a two-hour online cultural activity.
The program offers two tracks:
Track 1: Jumpstart to Flagship
Track 2: Jumpstart to College
Housing for Students
Housing is available for in-person instruction only and is not available at this time.
For more information please contact: