A student’s acceptance to Arizona AFP is conditional. To remain in good standing in Arizona AFP, program participants are responsible for:
- Following a program of study approved by Arizona AFP Academic Director, Dr. Shiri.
- Obtaining a B+ or above in Arabic language classes.
- Obtaining a minimum overall GPA of 3.0.
- Attending the individualized and designated tutoring sessions per week (or more as determined by Dr. Shiri).
- Interacting with peer language partner regularly and as designated by the program.
- Attending Arizona AFP all-student meetings.
- Participating in at least THREE Arizona Flagship cultural activities during the semester.
- Demonstrating a commitment to completing the entire Flagship program, including the Capstone year.
- Informing Arizona AFP early of plans for summer and year study abroad.
- Actively consulting with the Academic Director and staff regarding issues that affect successful participation in the program.
- Completing all designated proficiency testing and evaluation requirements whether written or oral, throughout the academic year.
- Completing and submiting a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FASFA) to the Program. All Flagship program participants are required to complete a FASFA in order to ensure that students are aware of any federal funding opportunities available.
- Registering with the Flagship Student Certification System (SCS). This system aids in monitoring your progress, preparing for your overseas experiences, and getting ready for your official Flagship certification upon completion of the program.
Because acceptance to Arizona AFP is conditional, failure to fulfill responsibilities as a program participant will affect a student’s status in the program. The Flagship Director and Program Coordinator will meet with students at the beginning, middle, and end of each semester to discuss their standing in the program, including their proficiency progress, course requirements, summer plans, scholarship opportunities, and utilization of learning resources.
The faculty and staff of Arizona AFP are committed to supporting dedicated Flagship students. If at any time participants find themselves struggling to fulfill Flagship responsibilities, they must contact Arizona AFP Academic Director, Dr. Shiri immediately to design a plan to manage their academic success.